Monday, January 7, 2019

January Meeting


All,

Happy New Year! I'm sorry I've been remiss with my summaries and news. We had a fantastic December meeting, which I have yet to summarize. Too much grading and holiday right after. (I'm sure you can guess what some of my resolutions are.)

We ARE meeting Saturday, January 12th at J.D. Garcia's house. We have a special guest! Former Tucson physics teacher Erik Herman will be there with Bruce Bayly and the Physics Bus. Erik is now an outreach coordinator for Cornell University (hope I got that right) and is one of the founders of the Tucson Physics Bus. He has many other programs at Cornell, and will speak on "Physics Outreach Buses: Tucson and Ithaca, Past Present and Future!" And the Tucson bus will be there in some stage of renovation. It promises to be an awesome meeting! Please come! Thanks, Bruce, for arranging this!

We start at 9:00 am, breakfast potluck but don't think you have to bring something - we always have plenty. 

Hope to see everyone for this special event!

Best,
Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment