Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Meeting on Saturday


TAPT-ers,
We meet Saturday, April 13, at Pima CC West Campus at 9:00 am. We’ll be in room F130 - I’ll send directions later in the week. 


I will be demonstrating the use of Vernier video analysis. This program is something I’ve used quite a bit in my Conceptual Physics class as well as my Engineering Physics. Students can take a video of some phenomenon, then analyze the motion using Vernier software. No equipment is needed except a camera or phone, and the software, which is free.  I hope it will be useful – I have found that the students do well with the visual representations. I’ll have some cameras and we can take videos to analyze. We have some laptops, or you can bring your own. If you don’t have LoggerPro, you can download it there.

We meet at 9, I’ll bring coffee and a snack. Hope you can join us. Please rsvp for my snack count.

Best,
Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment